The Instabulb website (www.instabulb.com) advertises that you can buy two bulbs for $10.99 (plus $6.99 Shipping and handling) and an upgrade of two more bulbs for just $6.99 (See the picture attached)... I'm no math genius, but That should be around $25 bucks.

I got billed nearly $60 for this order and I WILL be contacting the company to get some answers. I will also be filing a Consumer Affairs complaint and contacting the Better Business Bureau to file another complaint against them.

This type of veiled robbery is not acceptable. I urge anyone who has suffered a similar fate to do the same.

Comments

msono22
Los Angeles, California, United States #634673

I wished I would've found this website before I placed an order. I too went online after seeing the commercial on TV. I placed an order for 2 bulbs and did the $6.99 upgrade that would include free shipping and handling. As the story goes, once you enter your credit card information, there is no turning back. No review of order, no confirmation to place order, just charges. My charges were in the amount of $89.72!

This is where is gets fun... :upset

I placed the order on a Sunday. When I saw the inflated amount I immediately tried to call to cancel the order. They were not open until 9:00am EST Monday. I called at the crack of dawn on Monday morning 9:00am EST (which is 6:00am PST). I was told I could not cancel because it takes 24-48 hours for an order to process and it was not in the system. So, I called back on Tuesday to cancel my order. Suddenly, it was too late cancel because my order had already shipped from the warehouse. Mind you, on the website and commercial it says 3-6 weeks for delivery. But for those orders that want to be cancelled it ships out in 1 day. :(

I requested to speak with a supervisor. I spoke with a Edwin Flemming who said I can refuse the product to receive a refund. Once the package is refused, call him the next day. I have all my deliveries sent to my work address since that's where I am majority of the day. I alerted the UPS and Fed Ex delivery people we are on the look-out for a package I need to refuse. Here we are day 22. No package, no refund, no nothing. I've called on 3 different occasions for them to give me 3 different reasons why I have not received my refund. So I call this morning and suddenly it says in the system the package was delivered to my home address! They really have me pegged as a fool. My home address was never entered as shipping address only the billing address. These scam artists are very slick! Of course I threatened, yelled, and cursed. The guy I spoke with this morning was very sympathetic(first time ever). He said to give him 5 days and I would receive my refund. I said ok. I apologized for taking out my frustrations on him, hung up and called my bank to file a claim to cancel payment.

To make a long story a little longer, I have learned a valuable lesson. But I will not rest until I recover my $89.72 :grin

jpennington
Tiffin, Ohio, United States #612060

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( F(&K U A54 HOLES.