InstaBulb - Bait and Switch

17 of 35 InstaBulb reviews

The Instabulb website (www.instabulb.com) advertises that you can buy two bulbs for $10.99 (plus $6.99 Shipping and handling) and an upgrade of two more bulbs for just $6.99 (See the picture attached)...I'm no math genius, but That should be around $25 bucks.

I got billed nearly $60 for this order and I WILL be contacting the company to get some answers. I will also be filing a Consumer Affairs complaint and contacting the Better Business Bureau to file another complaint against them.

This type of veiled robbery is not acceptable.I urge anyone who has suffered a similar fate to do the same.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
17 of 35 InstaBulb reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
msono22

Apr 08, 2013 #634673 Los Angeles, California, United States

I wished I would've found this website before I placed an order. I too went online after seeing the commercial on TV. I placed an order for 2 bulbs and did the $6.99 upgrade that would include free shipping and handling. As the story goes, once you enter your credit card information, there is no turning back. No review of order, no confirmation to place order, just charges. My charges were in the amount of $89.72!

This is where is gets fun... :upset

I placed the order on a Sunday. When I saw the inflated amount I immediately tried to call to cancel the order. They were not open until 9:00am EST Monday. I called at the crack of dawn on Monday morning 9:00am EST (which is 6:00am PST). I was told I could not cancel because it takes 24-48 hours for an order to process and it was not in the system. So, I called back on Tuesday to cancel my order. Suddenly, it was too late cancel because my order had already shipped from the warehouse. Mind you, on the website and commercial it says 3-6 weeks for delivery. But for those orders that want to be cancelled it ships out in 1 day. :(
I requested to speak with a supervisor. I spoke with a Edwin Flemming who said I can refuse the product to receive a refund. Once the package is refused, call him the next day. I have all my deliveries sent to my work address since
... Show more

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to InstaBulb. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about InstaBulb.
Filing a new complaint about
×